Last updated: December 5, 2017 at 18:39 pm
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2017/09935/PA 28 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3PE, Listed Building Consent for the demolition of single storey rear addition including external stairwell and installation of rear door, windows and balustrade. 21-11-2017
- 2017/10021/PA 18-20 Albion Court Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HE. Prior Approval for change from office (Use Class B1[a]) to 23no. residential apartments (Use Class C3). 20-11-2017
- 2017/09768/PA 3 Mary Ann Street Birmingham B3 1BG. Change of use from museum (Use Class D1) and offices (Use Class B1) to office use (Use Class B1) only. 15-11-2017
- 2017/09717/PA 25-26 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HH. Listed building consent for internal and external alterations in conjunction with change of use from vacant office building to hotel (Class C1). 10-11-2017
- 2017/09671/PA 25-26 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HH. Change of use from vacant office building to hotel (Class C1), new surfacing to forecourt and rear yard, erection of boundary wall to forecourt and external alterations. 10-11-2017
- 2017/09303/PA Museum of the Jewellery Quarter 75-79 Vyse Street Birmingham B18 6HA. Listed Building Consent for internal alterations for the change of use of ground floor from public museum with ancillary retail, catering and other facilities to drinking establishment (Use Class A4). 30-10-2017
- 2017/09263/PA 28 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Change Of Use of ground floor to live/work unit and upper floors to 3 residential apartments with associated external works including demolition of single storey rear addition and external stairwell and installation of rear door, windows and balustrade. 27-10-2017
- 2017/08936/PA Museum of the Jewellery Quarter 75-79 Vyse Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6HA. Change of use of ground floor from public museum with ancillary retail, catering and other facilities to drinking establishment (Use Class A4). 17-10-2017
- 2017/09237/PA Lionel House 86 Lionel Street Birmingham B3 1DG. Demolition of superstructure and foundations of Lionel House and associated works. 26-10-2017
- 2017/09137/PA 48-52 Vittoria Street Hockley Birmingham B1 3PE. Installation of four conservation style rooflights to rear elevation. 24-10-2017
- 2017/08891/PA 27-28 Pemberton Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6NY. Proposed internal alterations following previous listed building consent (reference 2012/07294/PA to convert property); replacement windows to roof and courtyard and internal thermal improvements to walls. 16-10-2017
- 2017/08884/PA 46-47 Warstone Lane Hockley Birmingham B18 6JJ. Proposed refurbishment and alterations to existing shop units at 46-47 Warstone Lane. 16-10-2017
- 2017/08842/PA 21 Caroline Street Ground Floor Birmingham B3 1UE. Change of use from hairdressing/beauty salon to restaurant/wine bar (Use Classes A3/A4). 11-10-2017
- 2017/08453/PA 50-60 Northwood Street Birmingham B3 1TH. Formation of temporary car parking. 29-09-2017
- 2017/08567/PA 20 Tenby Street North Birmingham B1 3EN Listed building consent for internal alterations, erection of new roof and 3/4 storey side infill extension to create office space (Class B1), 2 live/work apartments (SG), 3 live/work townhouses (SG) and 4 self-contained apartments (C3). 29-09-2017
- 2017/08466/PA 20 Tenby Street North Birmingham B1 3EN. Change of use and extension to Grade II Listed Building to create office space (B1), 2 live/work apartments (SG), 3 live/work townhouses (SG) and 4 self-contained apartments (C3). Extensions proposed include a roof addition and three/four storey side infill addition with associated car parking and decked terrace space to the rear. 29-09-2017
- 2017/08433/PA Enterprise House 60-62 Constitution Hill Hockley Birmingham B19 3JT. Listed Building Consent for internal alterations in conjunction with change of use of part of ground floor from Use Class A3 (Restaurant) to Use Class D2 (Leisure and Assembly). 28-09-2017
- 2017/08421/PA Enterprise House 60-62 Constitution Hill Hockley Birmingham B19 3JT. Change of use of part of ground floor from Use Class A3 (Restaurant) to Use Class D2 (Leisure and Assembly). 28-09-2017
- 2017/07583/PA 3-5 Legge Lane Birmingham B1 3LD. Listed building consent to reduce number of residential units from 22 to 21, internal alterations including re-positioning of internal staircase and changes to the street facing facade to include removal of existing timber doors. 30-08-2017
- 2017/06810/PA 3-5 Legge Lane Hockley Birmingham B1 3LD. Minor Material Amendment to planning application 2015/08003/PA for a reduction in number of residential units from 22 to 21 and alterations to internal layouts and elevations. 02-08-2017
- 2017/07430/PA 1-2 Legge Lane Birmingham B1 3LD. Demolition of existing buildings on site and erection of 4 storey building fronting Legge lane to comprise commercial use at lower ground and ground floor and live/work units above and a row of 9 mews houses to rear. 23-08-2017
- 2017/08551/PA 67 Newhall Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1NQ. Display of an externally illuminated open weave banner mesh. Final Decision – Approve Temporary
- 2017/06918/PA 5-11 Fleet Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1JP. Listed Building Consent for internal and external alterations including retention of glazed entrance doors, 3 external wall lights and brick external fire escape, removal of mirrored film to front facade windows and retention of internal alterations including new bar facilities, seating, staircase and toilets at ground and first floor level and new internal partition walls. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/06764/PA 36 Tenby Street Birmingham B1 3EE. Listed Building Consent for internal and external alteration in association with change of use and conversion of existing commercial premises (Use Class B2) to form two live/work units (Use Classes C3 and B1) Final Decision – Refuse
- 2017/06193/PA 36 Tenby Street Birmingham B1 3EE. Change of use and conversion of existing commercial premises (Use class B2) to form two live/work units (Use classes C3 and B1). Final Decision – Refuse
- 2017/06492/PA Delta Pi 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Listed Building Consent for the display of 3 no. replacement non-illuminated facia signs. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/06431/PA Delta Pi 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Display of 3 no. replacement non-illuminated facia signs. Final Decision – Approve Temporary
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!