Last updated: April 11, 2018 at 18:35 pm
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2018/02271/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Listed Building Consent for change of use of ground floor to bar and restaurant (Use Classes A3 & A4) with ancillary gallery use (Use Class D1), rear extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and alterations to existing extraction system. 21-03-2018
- 2018/02242/PA 48 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HN. Change of use to restaurant and bar (Use Classes A3 & A4) with ancillary gallery use (Use Class D1) with hours of opening to 12.00 hours Monday to Friday, Sundays and Bank Holidays and 02.00 hours Saturdays, rear extension to create storage/refuse enclosure and alterations to existing extraction system. 21-03-2018
- 2018/01846/PA 21 Frederick Street Hockley Birmingham B1 3HE. Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for an existing use as residential in excess of 4 years. 07-03-2018
- 2018/01490/PA 22 Frederick Street Natwest Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BD. Listed Building Consent for the removal of external bank signage, ATM machine and all non-original internal fixtures and fittings. 22-02-2018
- 2018/01465/PA 22 Frederick Street Natwest Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BD. Removal of external bank signage and ATM machine. 22-02-2018
- 2018/01601/PA Lionel House 86 Lionel Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1DG. Demolition of existing building and erection of a 14 storey replacement building to provide 259 one, two and three bed apartments with associated communal facilities, amenity areas, parking and associated works. 27-02-2018
- 2018/01431/PA 109-111 Northwood Street Hockley Birmingham B3 1TH. Variation of Condition 2 attached to planning approval 2015/02349/PA to allow the temporary car park to operate until 28th April 2021. 21-02-2018
- 2018/01073/PA 115b Branston Street Birmingham B18 6BA. Application for a lawful development certificate for an existing use as a single dwelling in excess of 4 years. 09-02-2018
- 2017/10934/PA 33 Pitsford Street (Mr Tyre site) Ladywood Birmingham B18 6LJ.Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a residential led mixed use redevelopment providing 406 apartments, commercial (B1a), workshop (B1b & c), Retail (A1, A2, A3, A4 & A5), 140 car parking spaces, a new entrance to the Jewellery Quarter train station and associated works including landscaping and new entrance to Pitsford Street. 27-12-2017
- 2017/10759/PA 51 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3NU. Listed Building Consent for the change of use of first and second vacant floors (Use Sui Generis) to create 2 no. residential self contained flats (Use class C3), internal works and installation of replacement windows. 18-12-2017
- 2017/10708/PA 51 Vittoria Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3NU. Change of use of first and second vacant floors (Use Sui Generis) to create 2 no. residential self contained flats (Use class C3) and installation of replacement windows. 18-12-2017
- 2018/01165/PA Car Park to rear of former Assay Office Charlotte Street Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B3. Alterations to plans approved under application 2015/04486/PA to include minor changes to the internal layout, raising of the lower ground floor level by 317mm and associated amendments to the ramp gradient from Charlotte Street, proposed provision of external cycle and bin storage areas and main entrance door moved by 1 structural bay to reflect the proposed stair core location. Final Decision – Approve
- 2018/00492/PA BT Telephone House Telephone Exchange 104 Newhall Street Birmingham B3 1JX. Removal of 3 no. existing windows and installation of aluminium blade weather louvres on 4th Floor south-west elevation. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/00471/PA 5-11 Fleet Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1JP. Change of use from restaurant (Use class A3) to a late lounge bar and music venue (Sui Generis).with hours of opening to 23.30pm Sunday – Thursday, 03.00 Friday, 04.00 Saturday and every Sunday preceding a Bank Holiday Monday, Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. Final Decision – Refuse
- 2018/00450/PA 48-52 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3PE. Change of use from office (B1[a]) to residential (C3), installation of basement window and external alterations. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2018/00428/PA Blocks 1 & 2 Branston Court Branston Street Birmingham B18 6BA. Prior Approval for change of use from office (Use Class B1[a]) to form 29 apartments (Use Class C3). Final Decision – Prior Approval Required and to Approve with Conditions
- 2017/09935/PA 28 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3PE. Listed Building Consent for the demolition of single storey rear addition including replacement external stairwell and internal and external alterations. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/09263/PA 28 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3PE. Change of use of ground floor to live/work unit and upper floors to 3 residential apartments with associated external works including replacement stairwell and demolition of single storey rear addition. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!