Last updated: October 5, 2017 at 11:40 am
* The ‘GOLDEN TRIANGLE’ and the ‘INDUSTRIAL MIDDLE’ are the areas protected against inappropriate residential use. A large number of Planning Applications are not in accordance with the Planning Legislation which is there to ‘protect’ the Jewellery Quarter and the trade.
Please help the Jewellery Quarter to keep its character by making your ‘official’ protest against such Applications.
- 2017/08231/PA Land at Newhall Square Newhall Street / Charlotte Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1RU. Application to determine the details for Condition Nos 3 (S278/TRO Agreement), 10 (noise insulation), 11 (sustainable drainage scheme), 12 (Sustainable Drainage Operation & Maintenance Plan), 15 (CCTV), 16 (sample materials), 19 (boundary treatment), 20 (hard/soft landscaping) and 21 (hard surfacing materials) attached to approval 2017/02040/PA. 22-09-2017
- 2017/08093/PA 22-24 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3PE. Prior Approval for change of use from offices (Use Class B1[a]) to residential (Use Class C3). 14-09-2017
- 2017/08009/PA Sandpits Industrial Estate Summer Hill Street Birmingham B1 2PD. Non-Material Amendment to planning application 2013/07932/PA for alterations to all floors and elevations. 14-09-2017
- 2017/07781/PA Arch 15 Queensway Arches Livery Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1EU. Change of use from retail (Use Class A1) to restaurant, drinking establishment and take-away (Use Classes A3, A4 and A5) in conjunction with the existing use next door at Arch 16. 05-09-2017
- 2017/07583/PA 3-5 Legge Lane Birmingham B1 3LD. Listed building consent to reduce number of residential units from 22 to 21, internal alterations including re-positioning of internal staircase and changes to the street facing facade to include removal of existing timber doors. 30-08-2017
- 2017/07430/PA 1-2 Legge Lane Birmingham B1 3LD. Demolition of existing buildings on site and erection of 4 storey building fronting Legge lane to comprise commercial use at lower ground and ground floor and live/work units above and a row of 9 mews houses to rear. 23-08-2017
- 2017/07414/PA The Jewellers Arms 23 Hockley Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6BW Listed Building Consent for internal alterations. 21-08-2017
- 2017/07309/PA Argent College 43-47 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Listed Building Consent for minor alterations to include new doors and windows, removal of render wash and paint to external elevations. 18-08-2017
- 2017/07103/PA 33 Vittoria Street Birmingham B1 3ND. Listed building consent for the display of one non-illuminated lettering sign. 11-08-2017
- 2017/07027/PA Warstone Lane Birmingham B18 6NL. Display of 19 no. non-illuminated banner signs on existing lamp posts. 09-08-2017
- 2017/06918/PA 5-11 Fleet Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1JP. Listed Building Consent for internal alterations and refurbishment. 04-08-2017
- 2017/06810/PA 3-5 Legge Lane Hockley Birmingham B1 3LD. Minor Material Amendment to planning application 2015/08003/PA for a reduction in number of residential units from 22 to 21 and alterations to internal layouts and elevations. 02-08-2017
- 2017/06764/PA 36 Tenby Street Birmingham B1 3EE. Listed Building Consent for internal and external alteration in association with change of use and conversion of existing commercial premises (Use Class B2) to form two live/work units (Use Classes C3 and B1). 31-07-2017
- 2017/06617/PA 10 Sovereign Court Graham Street Birmingham B1 3JR. Prior Approval for change of use from offices (Use Class B1[a]) to 1 residential unit (Use Class C3). 25-07-2017
- 2017/06492/PA Delta Pi 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Listed Building Consent for the display of replacement 3 no. non-illuminated and 1 non-illuminated facia signs. 21-07-2017
- 2017/06431/PA Delta Pi 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Display of replacement 3 no. non-illuminated and 1 non-illuminated facia signs. 19-07-2017
- 2017/06386/PA Beaufort House 94-96 Newhall Street Birmingham B3 1PB. Demolition of the existing rooftop caretaker’s flat and construction of a two storey extension for 14 additional residential units (Use Class C3). 19-07-2017
- 2017/06226/PA 74 Great Hampton Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6QA. Demolition of existing building and erection of a five storey residential development (Resubmission of 2016/04011/PA). 13-07-2017
- 2017/06193/PA 36 Tenby Street Birmingham B1 3EE. Change of use and conversion of existing commercial premises (Use class B2) to form two live/work units (Use classes C3 and B1). 11-07-2017
- 2017/05886/PA 33 Pitsford Street (Mr Tyre site) Hockley Birmingham B18 6LJ. Hybrid planning application for full permission of demolition of all existing buildings and structures and erection of a residential-led mixed use development providing 488 apartments, 6 townhouses, commercial (B1a), workshop (B1b & c), retail (A1, A2, A3, A4), 165 car parking spaces, a new entrance to the Jewellery Quarter train station and associated works (eg landscaping and new entrance onto Pitsford Street) and outline permission for a hotel of up to 42 beds. 04-07-2017
- 2017/04376/PA Victoria Mansions 32-35 Hall Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6BS. Listed Building Consent for internal and external alterations including demolition of the rear lean-to, replacement windows and a new shop front to facilitate the re-use of the building for commercial and residential use. 15-05-2017
- 2017/04248/PA Victoria Mansions 32-35 Hall Street Hockley Birmingham B18 6BS. Change of use of part of the basement/ground floor to 6 commercial units (Use Class B1a) and the upper floors to 6 residential flats (Use Class C3) with associated internal and external alterations including a new shop front. 15-05-2017
- 2017/00887/PA 2-4 Summer Hill Terrace Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3CA. Listed Building Consent for a change of use of commercial offices (Use class B1) into ten 1 no. and 2 no. bedroom apartments (Use class C3). 31-01-2017
- 2017/00002/PA Land at Sloane Street, Camden Street, Camden Drive, Camden Grove & Legge Lane Jewellery Quarter Birmingham B1 3BX. Redevelopment of site to include selective demolition of existing buildings, refurbishment and alterations to retained buildings, erection of new build to provide 136 dwellings and associated works. 03-01-2017
- 2017/06388/PA Delta Pi 60 Frederick Street Birmingham B1 3HS. Change of use from retail (Use Class A1) to fitness and martial arts centre (Use Class D2) Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/06003/PA 12/13 Frederick Street Hockley Birmingham B1 3HE. Installation of new internal walls, demolition of an internal wall and installation of new internal fittings. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/05753/PA Caroline Point 62 Caroline Street Birmingham B3 1UF. Change of use of units 3, 5 and 6 located on the first floor of 62 Caroline Street, Caroline Point from office use (B1(a)) to mixed use as offices, counselling and support services. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/05516/PA 16-17 Lionel Street Birmingham B3 1AQ. Minor material amendment to approved application reference 2016/05706/PA to partially re-clad the building frontage, proposed roof extension to the front and side and to remove the proposal to over clad the rear elevation in brick slips in lieu of cleaning existing brick work and rendering finishing the ground floor where brick work is of poorer quality. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions.
- 2017/04315/PA Units 17c 17f and 17g 17 Pitsford Street Ladywood Birmingham B18 6LJ. Change of use from light industrial business (Use class B1) to gym (Use class D2) Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
- 2017/02040/PA Land at Newhall Square Newhall Street / Charlotte Street City Centre Birmingham B3 1RU. Erection of two buildings and change of use of existing listed buildings to create 220 residential units varying between 5 and 10 storeys, 4 ground floor commercial units (A1, A3, B1) together with provision of a public square, 61 car parking spaces and associated works. Final Decision – Approve subject to Conditions
Summary Guide to Use Classes
A1 – Shops.
A2 – Financial and professional services.
A3 – Restaurants and cafes.
A4 – Drinking establishments.
A5 – Hot food takeaways.
B1 (a) – Office (other than A2)
(b) – Research & development.
(c) – Light industrial
B2 – General industrial.
B3 – Storage or distribution.
C1 – Hotels and halls of residence
C2 – Residential Institutions
D1 – Non-residential Institutions.
D2 – Assembly and leisure.
You must register any objections to the above applications online at www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline, or writing direct to Planning and Regeneration, Birmingham City Council, 4th Floor, 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham B4 7DJ, quoting the Planning Application number. Remember, there is a restriction against inappropriate housing within the Golden Triangle and the Industrial Middle – but your objections still need to be recorded!